Can't download update

I've had this problem for a while, but I haven't gotten around to getting help for it. I've been busy.

I have a hardwired ethernet connection. My xbox is the slim xbox 360. It's been like this for a few months now. I'll select to download the update, then the update progress bar will get about halfway through before just resetting itself. After a minute or so of doing this, it will say "Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox Live connection. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support." The Status code it gives me is 34FB - 0000 - 3080 - 0591 - 8007 - 0070

Well I tested the connection, but the moment it starts testing the connection to Xbox Live it prompts me to update. The problem recurs when I do. When I decline, it tells me that my console is connected to the internet but can't contact Xbox Live. I do the suggestions it gives me and they don't help. Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone at least help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there PaneledPort774!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a problem with the update!

Mister Gwyther made an extremely helpful forum post on the topic which can be found here. Go check it out!

There was a very helpful post by Miss Ermine underneath that, and you should try that before trying Mister Gwyther's suggestions. Miss Ermine suggested you roll back the update. This can be done by : 

- Navigate to System Settings and then to Storage.
- Highlight the storage device that the update is on (the one that wont work) and then press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

- A notification should pop up. Read and agree!  

Hope this helps! Let me know if it doesn't work :)

TheAlphaTurkey 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

IT WORKED! Thank you, man, really, that means a lot to me. My little brother is gonna LOVE this. Now I have the problem of it not accepting the damn password I gave it, but I can figure that one out on my own. Dude, seriously, you are awesome.

Sorry this didn't help.

Really glad I could help! Let me know if you need anymore help!

Sorry this didn't help.

TheAlphaTurkey.  This worked great to actually clear the update my system was hung up on.  It originally updated to about 95%, then gave me the same error code as PaneldPort74.  Your solution was the only one that got me back to letting the update go again...and I tried everything!  Problem now is that it does the same thing it originally did, updates very fast until about 95% and then hangs up.  I cancel, clear the update like you said, restart the update and it hangs again.  Any thoughts?  I've cleared the cache, deleted one of the profiles, reset the box with and without internet connection...nothing seems to get it past the 95% mark.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Primal! If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to your specific issue. Feel free to link to this thread in the new thread you create. This is just to keep everything organized.

Sorry this didn't help.