Can't Download Update (with code)

It says can't download update with this status code: 3524-0000-3080-0503-80007-2AF9

I have internet (or I wouldn't be able to type this), my xbox is connect with an ethernet cord. I tried turning it off and on. I tried testing the connection and anytime I do anything with Xbox Live it just tells me there is a system update available. If I click no, it kills everything. If I click yes, it goes back to the status error message.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem, and so are a few others on this forum that I looked at.  It has nothing to do with your internet or Xbox, Microsoft just messed up.  All we can do is hope it is fixed soon. :P

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ugh that sucks. I saw some other people having issues but no one had the same code as mine. I thought "oh crap... are you serious?" lol. Well... hopefully they will fix it soon, that would be nice to watch my netflix on my new TV instead of on my laptop. >.<

Sorry this didn't help.

Try clearing your system cache and then try to update again. If you are not sure how to clear your system cache then check out the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

OP - have you had a resolution to this issue? Per our Update Troubleshooting page, this is an issue with your network not allowing the console to download the update: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Portia - that couldn't be further from the truth - there is no reason in wasting customer time obsessing about their previous-update flawless connection settings.  true its a misdirection until Microsoft figures out what this issue is, but its best to wait until there is a real answer instead.  I spent 4 hours on the phone with Xbox support this morning - and they walked me through all this BS until they told me they know they have a problem with some of the newer xbox slim models and some olders models with downloading and installing this update.

the best thing you can do is post your system information so Microsoft can quickly identify the scope of the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.