Can't download game update?

I've never had this problem in my 7yrs of Xbox Live, but I just bought BF3 for 360 and I can't update the game :/

It just tells me "Unable to Update" and then sends me back to dashboard. There is a message on the Battlelog website at the moment that says:

NOTICE We are going to perform some maintenance on our Xbox 360 servers in Europe. Some players may be kicked from their current games. The outage will last for a maximum of 2 hours. The maintenance should hopefully resolve some of the "Failed to connect" issues that some players are seeing. We´re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Would this have an effect on the update? I thought they came directly from XBL but I'm not entirely sure, hopefully someone here can help me because I can't even access the game at the moment :/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That wall of text is because of my browser I guess. I don't want to clear the cache and see if I can download other updates incase it is me, then I wouldn't be able to play online at all ; ;

EA are messing about with the servers so you will just have to wait.

Thanks for the reply Phil. The title updates do come from the developer/publisher then? I was always under the impression they came from XBL servers.

just had the same problem with batman arkham city fails to update gives me this

status code 3524-0000-d080-0200-807b-01f7

Zombie I got the same error code the other day with Fifa I just kept trying and eventually it downloaded but its obvious some ea problem

yeah kept tryin deezee, just got it to work :)

It's not EA, it's XBOX.  I couldn't download my system update and got the same error.  I had to download it to a USB from my PC, and now I get the same error when trying to update BF3.  It's definitely something on Microsoft's side.

UPDATE: Looks like I got it to work.  From what I've seen online, it's just a matter of luck if the download goes through.  I just left my system on for about 15 mins and tried again and it worked!

Glad to see yous guys got it sorted :)

The best trick is to just reset your router if coming across a little problem like that. Usually clears any errors.