Can't delete TV Show

I downloaded an episode of Archer from Xbox Video, which is 1.7 GB in size. When I finished watching it I chose to delete the episode but when I checked the storage tab of my Xbox 360 in System Settings the amount of free HDD space hadn't changed. Within the video sub-section the episode is still listed and when I try to delete it I receive the message "Can't perform that Action. There was a problem performing that action".

If i got back into Xbox Video and check the TV tab under account management the episode is still deleted. However I can watch the video again without any delay which means nothing has been re-downloaded. There is a download option presented but when chosen doesn't do anything, specifically it does not queue the download again which is the normal situation when choosing to re-download a game or demo which is already present.

I have tried moving the episode onto an USB memory stick but receive the same error message.

Does anyone have any idea what is the issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there HTown,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your show.

With Xbox video if you choose to download a movie or show that you've purchased you should also be able to stream it if you're connected to Live which sounds like what you're seeing.

I would try Clearing your system cache and Refreshing your purchase history in the app (Xbox video > account management > refresh). Be aware that this will wipe any rentals you have checked out. 

Please let us know if you are still seeing that error. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Refreshing the purchase history has fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.