Can't decide Kingdoms of Amalur or The Witcher 2?

So I am not sure whether to buy Kingdoms of Amalur or The Witcher 2. Out of these two games which game has the longer playing hours? I really like long RPG's where there is a lot to do. However I also like a good story, like Mass Effect which I have clocked over 1800 hours in.

So really I want to buy the game which has:

A. Longest playing hours.

B. There is a lot to do.

C. There is a good story.

I thought some of you guy's might be able to help me decide.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Witcher 2, will take 70hrs on its really hard setting, about 40 on easy, but there are 16 different endings, so to see them all you really would have an awful lot to do!!!

Do you know how many hours Kingdoms Of Amalur has?

[quote user="zico291"]

So I am not sure whether to buy Kingdoms of Amalur or The Witcher 2. Out of these two games which game has the longer playing hours? I really like long RPG's where there is a lot to do. However I also like a good story, like Mass Effect which I have clocked over 1800 hours in.

So really I want to buy the game which has:

A. Longest playing hours.

B. There is a lot to do.

C. There is a good story.

I thought some of you guy's might be able to help me decide.

[/quote]

I personally got bored very quickly with Kingdoms Of Amalur, I will try and motivate myself to get back to it one day, hopefully once I get alot more into it I'll learn to love it like 'Alot' of other people.

I've been playing The Witcher 2 since Friday and it really has blown me away! The story is fantastic and so far you can see the decisions you make really do affect the story and the path you follow! I've read somewhere that it has over 15 different endings ( I Can't confirm it myself )

I'm about 9 hours in now and more and more Side Quests are opening up so it does have tons to do! I played one side quest last night which toolk me about 2 hours and I've not enjoyed any story/quest/mission in a game this much in absolute ages! In fact when I go back on today I'm going to load in a previous save and do the quest again and see how it turns out by doing a few things different!

I've seen a few people say The Witcher 2 can take anything from 40-80 hours to do one playthrough, obviously all depends on how many extra quests you do and even on the main quests some are longer/shorter depending on your decisions!

I mentioned yesterday in another thread that I've heard/talked to so many people that are already on their 4th or 5th playthrough because you just want to see how the story turns out if you had gone down a different path!

So for me it has to be The Witcher 2 out of the two games, I'm not saying Kingdoms Of Amular is a bad game, far from it, I just found it a bit slow going and a bit boring to be honest, alot I'd admit would be to do with the fact I personally just didn't give it enough time.

Ok I am edging towards Witcher 2. The one thing I liked about Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 was that when you are in combat you can just relax as it's not that hard.

Is the Witcher 2 combat hard or is it easy?

[quote user="zico291"]

Ok I am edging towards Witcher 2. The one thing I liked about Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 was that when you are in combat you can just relax as it's not that hard.

Is the Witcher 2 combat hard or is it easy?

[/quote]

You have 3 different difficulty settings you can choose!

I'm playing on the middle setting which I guess is in the middle of Easy and Hard and I'm finding it just right, I've had a few tricky moments but once you get use to what weapons/magic/items etc work best it soon becomes alot easier.

I think I will get Witcher 2. Then Kingdoms Of Amalur later.

Thanks guys!

[quote user="zico291"]

I think I will get Witcher 2. Then Kingdoms Of Amalur later.

Thanks guys!

[/quote]

Enjoy :)

I'm loving The Witcher 2 so far.So much to do.Combat can take a little getting used to but as Lofty said,once you know what things to use at the right time it gets a lot easier.

Let us know what you think of it once you've played it!

Witcher 2 all the way, I've decided on that anyway and I don't take my game purchases lightly these days!