Can't Connect

I turned on my Xbox today, and it asked me for my email and password. I put in my correct information, and it told me it was wrong. I signed in on my laptop, and it wascorrect, but my xbox is telling me this "Sorry, either that's the wrong password, or the email you entered doesn't have an Xbox LIVE membership. Please try again or go to Xbox.com/forgot if you need. Code: 80048821" I don't understand why it is doing this. I changed my password several times just in case maybe something wasn't registering, reset my modem and router. It's still giving me the same error message. Why? Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Same thing is happening to me. I changed my password, updated all info, and even added another email alias to log in with. Nothing is working. Ever since it asked me for my email and password everything is just chaos. I'm missing black ops 2 time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey folks! 

Try out these steps posted by one of our awesome Ambassadors, Taidara:

"

If you haven’t already, start by adding security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is crucial to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provides.

When this information has been added and updated, we can now start focus on the next steps, delete your profile, clear system cache and finally, recover your profile from LIVE.

How to delete Xbox LIVE profile safely

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Clear Xbox system cache 

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. Important: Clear your Xbox system cache 3 times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
  2. Select Download Profile.
  3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this."

Sorry this didn't help.

On top of that, when the profile is downloaded, what seems to be working is to NOT select save password when it prompts. You can change it later under Account Settings. But for testing, see if it will let you sign in after that.

Sorry this didn't help.