Can't Connect with Profile

Lately my Xbox Live acts kind of weird. When I try to connect by signing in with my profile as usual, it always seems to give me a "Cannot connect" message. But when I test the connection (this is wireless connection via the 802.11g adapter on the older model system), it connects fine, and I can log in afterwards. Any idea why this is?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Good Afternoon

Have you gone to network settings restore network settings, and then try?

This should clear anything that is not set right

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did that, didn't make a difference. As I said, the network settings are correct (my computer in the same room connects fine), and it finds the network and connects when I run a connection test. Could it be an adapter problem, as sometimes when I trun the system on, the adapter's light isn't on, and I need to unplug and replug it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Steiner! If you are noticing irregularities with the network adapter, it is very possible that is the cause. You can test this a couple ways, one of the simplest is to directly connect your console to the modem with an ethernet cable. If this works, then the wifi may be to blame. If you have another network adapter you could borrow from a friend, and it works, then this would further suggest there is an issue with the adapter. Let me know what you find out here, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.