Can't connect with other players well. It's ruining my XBL experience!

My Nat type is open but I can only connect to half the players I come across. I have real problems joining games and even joining xbox live parties with certain people. I have tried opening the ports, disabling the spi firewall and whatever else I can think of. I need help!

Modem brand & model number: brand: Netgear WGR614v9

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal

Things you have tried: Opening ports, disabling firewalls.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Open

Any Error Codes you encounter: No

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Windstream

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:0015 - 10F1

Q:0015 - 10F1

T:Wireless

D:102.168.1.1., 0.0.0.0

S:WPA

C:1

Please someone save me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Are u using wep or of wifi protected setup.  If so use wep.  Do not you use wifi.  Xbox seems prefer wep over wp2.  Sometimes there is  a conflict between wep and wp2 devices.  If you have an wep devices in your house use wep over wp2.  You've opened ports as well have you tried placing the xbox in the dmz zone.  Netgear is one of the easiest to set up xbox with.  Thats what i have.  In looking at your router specs your issue maybe because the internal device inside the xbox is n and router is g.  It's only 54mbps this will really give you problems gaming.  It is too slow to handle the data moving in the background.  If you can your best bet is to get a faster router.  You can get a netgear n at best buy for 50 bucks.  Look at the back it will show you the gaming capabilities it has.  when i was using g i couldn't connect to halo to save my life.  This was about 5 years ago.  Upgrading your router will make life so much easier.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

What is the make/model of the modem/router supplied by Windstream that the Netgear is connected to?

Also when you look at this screen on your Netgear screenshots.portforward.com/.../Router_Status.htm what does it show for your Internet Port IP Address?

As the problem could well be the Windstream device

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.