can't connect to xbox live,someone please help

console won't connect to internet,new system and just started having problems,was working fine.try to sign in goes to "can't connect to xbox live.select test connection to troubleshoot,or try recovering your profile. for more info,go to www.xbox.com/support."so when i go to test connection and then choose wired network it say's"to use a wired internet connection,make sure an ethernet cable is connected to both your router or your modem."then it won't go any further,i've tried running strait to my modem and i've double checked all my hook ups and cable's still no luck,is it my console?any help would sure be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It sounds like your IP provider to me. I would check on your computer to make sure it's truly connecting. If it is,call up your IP provider and explain the situation and what you have done for the problem so far.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

checked with them every thing okay on there end ,my console doesn't even detect ethernet cable?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! So your network test is just not seeing the ethernet connection at all? Have you tried a different cable?

Sorry this didn't help.