Can't connect to XBOX Live

I hae both an original XBOX, and an XBOX 360 (Original) and I have a subscription to XBOX Live Gold level.  My XBOX 360 has no problem connecting to the XBOX Live service, (in fact I think with all the new apps, it's the hottest thing since sliced bread.) However, I have a television in the Master Bedroom and had decided to hook by Original XBOX back up. When I attempt to connect to the XBOX Live Service I receive a message saying that the box is unable to connect at this time. I ran the diagnostics and I ma getting the propper network configuration eg DNS Server, IP address etc. It seems to be the last step which I can only assume is authentcation. One important point my XBOX Live Gold Membership was created on this machine originally. Did Microsft change the conection protocol? I there some wher to download syatem updates and patch the console directly? Please help someone. One other question did Microsoft by any chance create the ability for the original console to run apps? e.g. Netflix If not I'll have to go get another 360. I just dropped satelitte, cable and am using a mix of XbO Live, and Off the Air television signals 20 time cheaper and almost as good.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi,

Xbox live for the Original Xbox was dropped (the service was turned off) quite a while ago which is why you cannot connect.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.