Can't connect to xbox live!!

Hey guys, i just got my xbox back from my little brother, i was letting him use it during the summer because i'm busy during the summer, he has had it for about 5 months, and when i got it back and hooked it back up, i went to connect to xbox live like i've done so many times, and it won't connect, so i tested the connection and it connects fine to the network but won't connect to live, i have run all the tests and it just says can't connect to xbox live it says your console is connected to the internet but can't contact xbox live, so i run the test again and it says your router or isp may be blocking access to xbox live, so i check my router settings and they are fine so i run the test again and this time it says my router isn't responding properly to the icmp, what the heck is goin on, my live has always worked perfectly and i haven't changed anything

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Disconnect or Turn off all Electronics that are connected to the Router, Then Reset your Router.. Now wait about 30-40 Secs. After that try and log in. If that does not work unplug your Router and Modem and have them turned off for about 2 mins.

- J

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you made sure you still have xbox live?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try running through these steps and see if any of these will help with a solution to your problem. support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-live

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you run a line straight to the modem temporarily?  That would narrow your possible problem list.

Sorry this didn't help.