Can't connect to xbox live

Whenever i sign into Xbox Live, it connects. As soon as i hit "play game", i get disconnected. It says i have an "ip error". It eventually fixes itself, but says i can't connect to xbox live servers, my nat type is strict, dns server is incorrect, etc. It all goes away eventually, but it restarts at ip error. EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING, worked fine last night. Idk what happened over night, but i guess something must've happened. 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Illinois, USA
Modem brand & model number: Zhone- model # 6218-i2-200-0cc
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Black adapter
Things you have tried: Clearing cache, rebooting modem/xbox, recovering account, entering everything manually, etc.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Do you have a NAT error? no, my nat type is open
Any Error Codes you encounter: none
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Consolidated Communications
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-0021
X:4000-1001
Y: 0000-0000
Z: 0000-0000
ID: 0001-0006
L:8015-190B
Q: 0015-10F1

T: Wireless

A: 169.254.91.79/255.255.0.0:

G: 0.0.0.0.

D: 0.0.0.0,  0.0.0.0.

N: Shand10

S: WPA2

C: 11

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 64 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For reference, here's a downloadable manual for your combo modem-router (aka a 'gateway') www.zhone.com/support/manuals/docs/62/6218-A2-ZB23-10.pdf

Now, there's a conflict above; in one spot you answered

my nat type is strict

but later, you replied

Do you have a NAT error? no, my nat type is open

How o you know your NAT is strict? Or open? What told you that?

It's for sure you are NOT getting DHCP from the Zhone, as proven by the 169.254 series IP address. To try to resolve that,  I would suggest Resetting the Factory (Network) Settings.

Tap (not a long press) on the silver Guide button on the game controller, go two clicks to the right, choose Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED if Ethernet, otherwise the SSID of your WiFi connection), then Configure Network. Copy down the settings for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to Additional settings. If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a not of those settings as well, then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults and confirm. Then power down the console, wait 8 secs or more, power back up and reconnect, then run the Test Xbox Live Connection again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry about the confusion. I must've been a little misleading with my words. I said it said it was strict, but that everything fixed itself, and the NAT went back to open. It's still open, but it won't connect. I've tried restoring everything to default, and it still doesn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 169.254 address shows your router is not providing the IP address the Xbox needs.

Exactly what is the failure message from Test Xbox Live Connection? Not only the first message you get when you click on More Information, but the second result as well?

Sorry this didn't help.

It looks like your xbox is having trouble keeping it's IP address. Try assigning a static IP address to your xbox using either the xbox settings or your router settings page.

Also I noticed your router seems a little dated. From the manual linked above it says 2005. If that's the case, some routers have trouble handling the xbox live service. Since its been over 7 years old, I would suggest complaining to your ISP, stating that you are having disconnect problems with your current router. Most ISP's will replace the router with a newer model at no cost.

Sorry this didn't help.

i tried using the ip address that i found in my routers info. I restarted my xbox and it failed to connect immediately, saying that the ip and the gateway address conflicted with eachother.

Sorry this didn't help.

Add 10 the the IP address used by your PC to get a different address to use w/ yr Xbox.

For example, if your PC address is 192.168.1.2 then for the Xbox use 192.168.1.12 to avoid a conflict.

Sorry this didn't help.

i'll try that. Oh, i forgot to mention, i hooked it up via wired connection and it all ran smoothly. When i tried going back to wireless it said "ip address error".

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Are you 100% using the correct WPA2 key, that would cause this problem. Try resetting your Xbox network settings back to factory defaults and finding and connecting to your network again. Try to use WPA2-PSK(AES) security if possible

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah, i'm 100% sure i am using the correct password. I even went into my network settings and made a new password, just to be sure. I'll go try adding the 10 to the ip address, and see how that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not having the same IP address as your computer and gateway is essential, as networking will fail if any device has the same address as any other device on a network.

Sorry this didn't help.