Can't connect to xbox live (unusual situation)

I can connect but I'm instantly disconnected. I connect straight to my modem, no wireless, so it isn't a router problem,. I tried here and at my mom's place so it isn't a modem problem. I tried different cables, so it isn't a cable problem. I tried connecting while signed in my profile and I tried will signed off, both with the same result. I've had multiple error codes, I've checked some of them out and they made no sense. Like one said that I had recently changed my gamertag and that it wasn't valid but I never changed my gamertag. I've done multiple connection tests and had multiple results. Some times it was the networking, sometimes it was the internet (only happened twice), sometimes it was the xbox live, and most of the time it actually worked, but it said there was a "service alert". If I understand correctly, I should be able to access my account even with that service alert thing. Check this out:http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-live-status

So my question is, with that service alert, is it normal that I can't connect to xbox live? I just bought this used xbox so there might be a problem with it but right now there's no way I can be sure of that just because of that service alert. Could it be a problem with my profile? One of my friend tried connecting with my profile from his place and it worked fine. I really don't know what to do now so any help would pe appreciated...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

By the way I've just done a speed test and I've got 13 ms of ping, 5.20 Mbps of download speed and 1.07 Mbps of upload speed so everything seems to be in order.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings MaxBox99, i have read your post and it does not sound good at all. I will give you some easy tips that may help resolve this issue. instructions will be located in yellow.

1.) Try switching off your router for 30 seconds or up to 1 minute max. then switch your router back on, wait for all the green lights to come on then switch your Xbox back on, this may stop the issue.      2.) The person you said it worked for them, they may have a faster connection then you, therefor they can connect to Xbox live.      3.) Try deleting your profile then re-downloading your profile, you can also check your internet connection on the Xbox dashboard to see if it is going all the way to the Xbox live, if not then it is indeed your connection.      4.) Try clearing your system cache, you may have a lot of junk that may not be needed on your profile.      5.) you can check to see if you have any updates that are available that you might have bypassed in the past. this could be the problem.      6.) If these steps do not completely resolve you Xbox issue, you might wanna check the Service alert status because that gives out regular updates about the latest issues, that could also be the issue.   Thank you for posting this issue and i hope this helped with the problem, if this problem consists contact the pros at the support page these people will have the exact information to properly support you for these kind of issues i am just here for extra support for technical issues, that you and other people are encountering.

Have a restful day Bulletkoalo.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I did that multiple times and as I said I connect straight in the modem so that's not the problem

2. As you can see from my speed test, my connection meets the requirements

3. I could try that, but I can't connect even when I'm not signed in so I doubt this is the problem. I don't really want to delete my profile because I can't connect to xbox live when I'm signed off so I won't be able to re-download it back...

4. Done that multiple times

5. I had trouble downloading the last update so I had to download it to a usb key and update that way. How do I check for new updates? Can I even do that if I'm not connected to xbox live? Actually, I didn't have a xbox for a while and this one I bought used, so how can I know which version I have and what update I should have?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Max,

To get a better idea of your network setup, please reply to the bold details below and we can work from there.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again max, I am SORRY if my last post was not at all helpful. So you want to know what version of Xbox 360 you have. It should of said somewhere on a box or if you went and got it from a store, the worker should have told you at least if not, look in (BOLD) for the different versions of the Xbox 360.

• One of the first Xbox consoles to come out was the Xbox 360 arcade. This console should be with a eject and power button that you have to press to turn on the Console
  • The second Console was the Xbox 360 elite. this should be an dark&gray kind of Colour console, this also need to be pressed on the eject and power to turn it on.
  • Finally the third Xbox 360 the Xbox 360 slim. this Xbox console came out near 2011-2012 but the eject and power button are touch sensitive so you do NOT need to press on the buttons.

hope you have liked my quick update of which versions of Xbox you requested.

Sorry this didn't help.

-.- I was talking about the software version, so I can know if I need to update it...

Here are my values:

W: 0000-0008

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 48E0

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8015 - 1004

T: Wired

A: 184.160.9.47 / 255.255.255.0

G: 184.160.9.1

D: 24.48.19.13 / 24.202.72.13

ALSO, update: I'm now at my mom's place and I can connect without being signed in my profile. (I'm connected straight into my modem) When I sign in my profile, it disconnects me after around 30 seconds. I tried deleting my profile and re-downloading it after deleting my cache and it didn't work. I also tried restoring my network setting and it didn't work. I have 2 hard drives and it won't work on both. Also my cousin is here with me and he can connect to xbox live with my console using his profile without problem.

So if I'd have to conclude, I'd have to say the problem isn't my console because I can stay connected when I'm not signed in, the problem isn't my profil because my cousin can sign in my profile at his place and doesn't have any problems, and the problem isn't the actual xbox live because my cousin can use his account here and join xbox live. What the hll is the problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

What the hell*

Also my system software version is 2.0.16537.0

Sorry this didn't help.

Whoah, what the heck!  So it's just your profile that has trouble staying signed in?  That doesn't sound right.  Hmm, OK, here is some more info we could use:

1. What are the exact error codes you see?
  2. Also when do you see each of those codes (like what happened right before the code showed up)?
  3. Also, can you please try to sign in with your profile to a different console? 

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had multiple codes:

800704CD

D0000034

8007065B

They pop up when I try to connect or when I get disconnected. I can actually sign in xbox live with my profile, on my cousin's xbox, at my place. I can actually sign in with my xbox, using his hard drive. I can stay connected with my HD and my xbox as long as I don't sign in my profile. My cousin can stay signed in his profil on my xbox and my HD and it works fine.

The problem seems to be MY profile, only on MY console, only with MY hard drive. I will probably try to buy a new hard drive when I have some spare time but it still stucks.

Sorry this didn't help.