I went onto the XBOX website and changed my gamertag for my XBOX Live account and the change won't register on the Console. And now it won't let me sign into XBOX Live at all. Very Frustrating! Please Help!
Sounds like a stale local profile. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).
3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
Delete profile from your console
1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support
http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:
2) Go to Settings
3) pick System
4) choose Storage
5) pick All Devices
6) choose Gamer Profiles
7) pick the gamertag
8) choose Delete, and
9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button
2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.
4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).
6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's
7) Sign in, and retry.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.