can't connect to xbox live through my xbox360

First of all i switch from at&t internet to comcast internet to pay less the technition comes with a new modem, and install it. he make sure the computer was able to connect to the internet which he was succesfull at it. now i turn on the xbox360 to enter xbox live, and notice that im disconnected from it. so i try to connect, and it tells me it can't so i went to to test the xbox360 connection. while on the first test show that it failed because something is blocking it, and give me more two option's and i select the more info one, and on the top it says "can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem". so i came to xbox.com/support and follow the intrustion that it give me to fix but known of it work.

the name of the modem that comcast give me is called ****(i think), and the only thing with the modem is that the one called link keeps on blinking like it was trying to make a connection (not sure if im right on that). my computer, and xbox360 are connected to a ethernet 10/100 5-port workgroup switch, and from there is connected to the **** modem. all light on the modem are ok except for the link light which keeps on blinking. im not sure why only my computer is able to get the internet with no problems.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

never mind a tech came it solve the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.