Can't connect to xbox live. Status code 3080-0000-0080-0300-8007-274C

I am trying to get my new xbox 360 with a 250 GB hardrive online. But everytime I try to download the update it says it is unable to download the update and it gives me that same status code again and again. I've tried it over and over again and checked the connection and everything and I still get the same results. I am using a wireless router. Please help me with this problem. :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 95 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try updating your console manually: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

manually does not work either i have tried over 50 times

Sorry this didn't help.

i just got the new x box 360 250 GB slim and tried to download the update over and over, did not work, followed all the steps to do it manually.... did not work, i am returning my x box i just got it 2 days ago and i cant even go on live. my old 60GB HDD worked fine, has the new update and everything having no problems with it at all and the thing is over 4 years old, you would think the new x box would be better lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Steel! When you say the update won't work, can you elaborate on what is happening? Describe what happens when you try to update normally and when you try manually. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

the same thing that is happening to everyone, you guy' s have been trying to fix this problem for a while now and have not suceeded so i don' t really need to go into detail, the download worked after trying for day's only to run into the same problem 2 weeks later i am now sitting here and the download is failing over and over again! lol this has got to do with the server there is no way in hell it is my connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mr Steel, I can understand your reluctance to go into detail, but there aren't any known issues with this update. If you tell us more about what's going on specifically (and the error code should be a good place to start), we'll be able to offer resolution steps to you. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

im getting the same problem, the error code - 3080-0000-0080-0300-8007-274C keeps coming up. my connection is fine

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm. Sounds like a connection error. How is your xbox connected to the internet?

Sorry this didn't help.

with a wireless router. I worked out the problem though. its when my computer is on at the same time as my Xbox it cant connect for some strange reason, even though its connected through an Ethernet cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is bull, everything you're saying as support for xbox about this update errors is erroneous and Im pissed.
x

Do tell? If im having internet connection problems then how in the heck can the update even show up on my box as needed to be downloaded unless I have access?
x

How is it that every single time I "Test Connection" it passes. How is that everyone one of us having this problem were playing perfectly fine on our IP moments before your latest update.
x

Your the largest software company in the world. But simply blaming the problem on the consumer isn't going to work because of your stature. Fix your servers, they are not transmitting data properly to specific xbox 360s.
x

One more thing, sense you guys are acting like you've never heard of this before, (even though all you'd have to do is a google search to find out that al lot of use have this issue.) I have three separate accounts and 360s in my home. All on the same connection all have worked perfectly in the past. Two boxes updated fine, the third is stuck in this error code.
x

3F4B-0000-0080-0300-8007-045D
x

Now this being "your code" you should be able to decipher. I was one of the original live participants back when Mech Assault was hot stuff. I have NEVER had to manually find an update and install via flash drive. Until now.
x

I wouldn't be so upset except for the coyness I keep running into on these forums from support stuff. Run this post up the flag pole, because you guys do in fact have an issue with your latest update.

Sorry this didn't help.