can't connect to xbox live, pc or media player

hi there, i havn't used my xbox online in about a year and tried going on xbox live tonight with no success.

i am connecting my network cable to my laptop which has a usb internet dongle, which always worked in the past.

i get the "ip address error" on all connection tests. i've done all the troubleshooting on the website to no avail. it also recommends i try using a static ip address but i do not understand how to do this. 

if anyone could explain how i try using a static ip address or has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I cant connect either

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there TektiticEnd9876! Before we can tell you how to enable a Static IP, we need a bit more information. Can you review our Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and post back with the results, as well as the information requested at the bottom? This will help us get you the right information. :)

Sh0ttyb0MbN - Can you do the same, but post your information in a brand new thread? We'd love to help you both, but focus the attention of the thread on the OP. In your own thread, you'll get all of the attention. :) Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.