Can't connect to Xbox Live Party

First, before anything else, I must stress that this isn't a NAT problem. So please nobody even suggest that as  both my friend and I have open NATs. So this all started about a year ago when me and my friend, for some unexplainable reason, were unable to join each others party. We always needed someone to be the middle-man in order to be in a party, and could never play games together. Then suddenly around April, we were able to make parties with each other and play games. So for some unexplainable reason we could play together again. Now, as of the end of September, we suddenly are unable to play games together again. Nothing has changed; we have the same console, same internet, and we live in the same location as before. Only difference is that we cannot play together or join each others party again. Is there any actual reason for this? Is the current Xbox Live service alert possibly causing this? I have no idea, and since nobody seems to know how to say anything other than NAT, I would like to here a better solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I'm hoping it's service related because I can't join anyone's parties right now, nor can they join me as far as I can tell.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It doesn't look like there is any service alerts right now on this issue, have you and your friend tried a direct connection to the modem? you could also try the steps in the link below.

forums.xbox.com/.../34069.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

It does sound service related.... But not the Xbox Live service.

Some internet services are highly effected by usage in the general area, including whole neighborhoods or even towns and cities. The timeline described indicated proper function during the time when more people are likely to be out and not using internet as much.

So it's possible that as the season brings more people indoors, you may have a worse connection with the provider you use. I have seen this before with that exact reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="The True BcB"]Nothing has changed; we have the same console, same internet, and we live in the same location as before. Only difference is that we cannot play together or join each others party again. Is there any actual reason for this?

[/quote]You won't want to hear this but it is most likely your NAT type. Just so you know, the only thing that affects your NAT type is your router, so having the same console, Internet service, etc. makes no difference. I've had an open NAT suddenly change to moderate after a router reboot in the past. It was only after I went through a lot of tweaking within the router that I got it to stay on open.

It's likely that one or both of you do not have an open NAT and which is causing the problematic party issues. I'm going to guess that you may have had a brief power outage or two over those many months and/or that your router was rebooted at some point. Try looking up a guide for your specific model and see if there is anything related specifically to setting up the NAT type for it.

If you disagree with that answer I don't know what else could be causing it. Good luck solving it. :) 
Running some of these tests may or may not help as well:
http://www.dslreports.com/tools 

Sorry this didn't help.