Can't connect to Xbox Live Party since Feb 14 Update.

As the title suggests it won't allow me to connect to an XBL party since the update. I've even tried starting a party and no one can join on me. I've had the person that owns the party send me an invite, it thinks about it for a few seconds, the screen flickers a few times and then I get the same message. I've never had a problem joining any of these people before the update. All of my friends now have the update. Strangely enough, the only person I can join on once I get an invite is the person that downloaded the update on the same day as me. The others were only prompted to d/l the update last night.

Ok, I've done troubleshooting for 3 days now and nothing in the Xbox solutions page works.

I network tested the line - all 3 ticks.

Cleared the storage cache.

Reinstalled my modem/routers latest firmware.

Checked the privacy settings.

Restarted the Xbox after each test.

Unplugged my modem/router for 2 mins.

Hopefully another update will be released to fix these issues as I know I'm not alone.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Quamba, sorry to hear about the issue! We'd love to help, but we'll be able to provide better support if you create your own thread on this issue. Can you please do so, and provide as much details as possible in describing both the issue and what you've tried so far? Thank you! :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had this same issue for the first time last night.  My friend and I both updated on the same day last week.  The night we updated, everything worked perfectly the entire time.  

Last night when we got on, everything seemed to work fine except for anything chat related.  We couldn't join each other's party no matter which one of us started it first.  And neither of us could get private chat to work.  Playing online (BF3) and being connected to Live was working as usual.  

We both reset the consoles, routers, and modems.  Our NAT settings should not be an issue because neither of us have changed them since we got our routers.  Everything XBOX related has seemed to work flawlessly up until last night.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, thanks for the update. Please try it out and let me know if there has been any change since this last update. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

We reguarly party with around 5-6 on a nightly basis. Before the update I could join on everyone. Since the update I have been only able to join on 1 person. Interestingly, the 1 person I can join on, got the update the same night as I did (14th Feb). The rest of my friends got it on the 16th Feb.

I cleared the cache again and deleted the latest update. When prompted I redownloaded the update and noticed that the other night it took me around 5 minutes to download and update the console. It restarted the console 3 times before being fully installed. Todays download however only took around 1 minute to d/l and update fully. I am yet to test if it has helped or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Skooby! I understand you are having issues joining and hosting parties. Are you having issues joining all parties, or only with certain people? Also, you mention that one person is able to join your party, but everyone else cannot. How many other people have you tried this with? Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I was asked to make a new post by a mod so you could help me, yet this has gone to the third page and no one has responded or attempted to help me. What gives?

Sorry this didn't help.