Can't Connect to Xbox Live on My Schools Network

This problem has never happened before, but just started today when I connected my Xbox for the first time this semester.  I can log-on to my account, but it won't connect to Xbox Live.  I've tried clearing the cache and restoring the network settings, but nothing has worked.  The strange thing is that on my PS3, I can connect just fine like I always have, but not on my Xbox.  I'm on a wired school connection for both and always have been.

In the past, I've been able to connect to the internet on my schools network just fine, but for some reason I can't right now.  I thought maybe my schools network was having troubles, but that can't be the case due to me being able to connect to it on my PC and on my PS3.  Anyone got any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

Does your school now require you sign in, or click OK, on a 'splash' page? If so, let's collect the MAC address so you can ask campus IT to 'whitelist' the Xbox.

Do Settings | System Settings | Network Settings | (either WIRED or the name of the Wireless network you need to connect with) | Configure Network | Additional Settings | Advanced Settings | Alternate Mac Address.... and read the current MAC addresse from the left side of the screen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't think it has a splash page now, but I could be wrong.  Connecting to the internet on my laptop or PS3 is still the same as always.  When I click on Alternate MAC Address, it is just blank and asks you to enter one.  If you're referring to the MAC Address once you click on Advanced Settings, it reads, 0022482CC6DB.

Sorry this didn't help.

You found the current MAC address, which may need to be whitelisted even if there's no splash screen.

Sorry this didn't help.