Can't connect to Xbox LIVE. LONG TERM ERROR.

***I would like to ask of anyone looking to assist me to read this post 100% and comprehend EVERY syllable of it before you recommend any generic or obvious support fix.***

I've been receiving an error code for the last 2 months (Ever since the Xbox Server outage in July, I believe.) which varies between 80072471 to 800705B4. When I sign in it asks me to enter my email, password, and then whether or not I'd like it to remember my password. Then I receive one of the 2 prior mentioned error codes.

I made a post a long time ago, when this began, but I abandoned to it, stupidly might I say. I apologize to anyone who may have assisted me then.

I found a temporary fix for the problem, so I figured, "Hey, I can live with this." Now...I can't.

My temporary fix was, set up a wireless bridge to my Xbox with my laptop, which allowed me to sign in with out any error, or asking for any info. All on the same network, might I mention.

After signing in through the bridge, I immediately disconnected from Xbox by unplugging the ethernet cable, and going back to my original setup. Which is my modem > router > wireless access point in my living room > device made for gaming connected to Xbox connected to that point wirelessly. This ALWAYS worked fine, nearly 1 1/2 years, then after Xbox's servers went down a couple months ago, I've been receiving this problem ever since!

The reason I now NEED to fix it is, I bought FIFA 14 after waiting a month for it to come out, but once it came out, I wasn't able to connect to the EA servers while everyone else was! [I AM able to connect to FIFA 13 still though!] I then proceeded to fix my internet, by resetting my router back to factory state by holding the reset button for 30 seconds. Which was a MAJOR pain, seeing as it took a day and a half  to get the internet working again.

I fixed it today though, set my basic settings back up...You know. SSID, password, setup the broadcasting signal, which is B & G, made sure it assigned me an IP, everything was right. Which I guess it is for everything else but Xbox now.

I tried my Xbox once more, and with no avail, I STILL get the error and all the asking for info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried my Xbox less than 30 minutes ago. So now I'll mention some of my router info, my setup, the models, etc...

My ROUTER : Linksys WRT54G (Ancient, I know...Always worked like a charm though.)

My MODEM : Motorola Surfboard SB6141 (Nearly brand new, provided by my ISP, Charter Communications.)

My WAP Straight from the ROUTER : Cisco/Linksys WAP610N

My BRIDGE connected to my Xbox : Cisco/Linksys WET610N

I have a Dynamic IP Address. So if I understand right, I cannot set up Port Forwarding or Triggering...Right?

I've unchecked the 'Block Anonymous Internet Requests' Box, I left 'Filter Multicast' and the other 2 alone. Now, un-checking 'BAIR' and 'FM' along with the other one unchecked by default, and the Port 113 option being CHECKED by default, I fixed the problem with Xbox itself, with the error, but it kept knocking the internet off on my fathers computer, where the modem and router are setup. So we RE-checked them, and later tried un-checking them again, but this time it did not work...well he claims he did ONLY that, now that I'm the one working on it, maybe I should try that again? [That DID NOT fix my EA Servers problem though.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, now after resetting EVERYTHING on my router, whenever I start a game, FIFA 14 is the only one I've tried, it auto signs me out of LIVE, and it won't resign me in after I dashboard manually. So I can't even talk to people while play Career mode alone... :'(

So now, not ONLY do I get the annoying error at the start of my Xbox, but I get signed out after I start a game...A whole cluster **** of problems...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to point out once more, and newly. I HAVE reset my router fully, I've power cycled it probably 100 times since this error began. [I DARE one of you to ask me to power cycle it again...I'll power cycle you.]

I have cleared my System Cache, 45+ times probably. I even deleted the Dashboard update after a Support Rep asked me to, didn't work.

I have deleted my profile around 5-10 times, and re-downloaded it the same amount.

I have checked, deleted , re added, verified, or anything else you can think of involving 'PROOFS'...

When this first began, I took my Xbox downstairs and set it up with a hardwire straight to my modem, and it signed in and all like a charm, no problems...So WIRED it works fine, WIRELESSLY, it works the FIRST time AFTER I connect back to my regular setup I mentioned earlier in the post, once I power off my Xbox, I have to go back to the wireless bridge with my laptop process, as a substitute for the hardwire to my modem...

What could cause this, and what can I do to fix it? Having the straight hardwire isn't a long term option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DO not have 'Mac Cloning' 'Port Forwarding/Triggering' or any of those type of things setup...

I promise, there will be no abandoning of this post until I resolve the error, so please, any help is appreciated...I'll read everything posted other than the stupid support page with the generic 5 or 6 fixes to this...

I've always been a big fan of Xbox and all you people have done for the last 2 months is let me down...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Okay! ^ I'll check into this.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Symbieh"] I do not have this assigned, as I have no idea why or what it is. [/quote]

If you look at the user manual of your Wireless bridge, on page 6 in the PDF (or page 3 if you go by the printed page number) the process of finding and setting the IP of the wireless bridge will be described.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you explain that a little more in depth for me? I do not have this assigned, as I have no idea why or what it is.

Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you assign a static IP address to the WET610N that is outside your router's DHCP server range?

Sorry this didn't help.

And again my answer is pending moderation. You probably have to wait until a moderator has reviewed my answer and turns it public. Sorry for the wait, but it's beyond my control.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Symbieh"]

Any help? Anyone?

[/quote]

I tried answering, but my post is/was awaiting moderation and doesn't show up yet. If this post goes through, I'll repeat my answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any help? Anyone?

Sorry this didn't help.