Can't connect to Xbox Live, getting an error code: 80151911 -2015-

Hi Guys,

just want to make sure that the solution presented on the older post is still valid (format HDD):

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/t/1579184.aspx

Although, my HDD has not crashed, it displays the same error, and the loading of my console takes a couple of minutes to complete. My children already mentioned to me before, but I did't have time to check it on detail.

Before I checked on the forum threads I went through Xbox Assistance over the chat, and tried:

- network factory reset

- Looked for corrupted game/app files, but found none.

- Cleared cache.

- Downloaded my actual profile to the HDD, and took like years to complete it. At first one of my friends showed online, and I was expecting the problem to be solved, but again, it disconnected me.

- Creation of a new profile on a flash drive, but ultimately could not load the new profile, and displayed again the same error message 801511911, even though I was trying to download it to the USB, not the HDD.

All these took me almost 2 hrs, not because of the assistance, but because of my xbox loading/downloading times.

Lastly they suggested to turn off for 24 hrs my console to make sure no residual stuff remained on the HDD. I decided to conclude with the support, and they kindly provided me with the case number. Then, I found out a similar problem as mine on the forum, reported back earlier, but as I kept reading other similar threads, they ask to create new ones once those are closed. Finally, as the support agent didn't mention the HDD format solution, I want to make sure is safe to take.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

That is still a viable option but be sure you want to do that as you will delete everything on the drive including game saves.  Any DLC you have previously purchased can still be downloaded from your download history located at Settings>Accounts>Download History.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.