Can't connect to Xbox Live because I can't accept the terms of use.

Hi,

I've been off Xbox Live for maybe a couple of years or more, and in this time have become an 'adult' (18+).

My dilemma is that I can't connect to Xbox Live because the parent email password is required to accept the updated terms of use. I've searched a bit into the issue, and obviously all I need to do is to promote the account to an adult account, but I don't seem to be able to do this either as I can't connect to Xbox Live.

Bit of a Catch 22 situation.

I've spoke to my parents (who set up the parental email account) and they don't seem to know the password.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Luke933,

That's quite an issue indeed.

Let's see what we can do to fix this.

First, please check This Article on how to retrieve a lost password for an Microsoft Account.

Second,  please use the new password to promote the account.

Let us know if this fixed the issue =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, I am having the same problem. I have never used my parental  email and password to accept the terms on xbox live i have always just put in my windows live id and that works. I have no need to have a parental email and password since I have been over 18 for a while. I couldn't remember the password for my parental account so I requested a reset link from Microsoft account for the parental account but now when i click the reset link it brings me to my current windows live account. Now my Xbox is a giant paper weight! i have done some research and people have said to go onto account manager on the xbox and change the password but i cant even sign into my profile on xbox. Everytime I try to connect to xbox live i have to accept terms but the email address is stuck to my parental email which I have never used, How do I change it to my current email that I use for my own Microsoft Account? Please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mamma. To avoid commandeering this thread, please go ahead and create a new one. We will be there to assist!

Sorry this didn't help.