Can't connect to Xbox live after many, many failed attempts

HI Guys,

Currently live in China. Notorious for their terrible (Useless Internet) however I can generally connect to xbox live. My xbox is no modified in anyway shape or form. 

I have tried everything to get my xbox connected to live and have failed at every attempt.

1/ Restarted Router for 30 seconds, 1 Minute an 5 Minutes as suggested by someone.

2/ Disconnected everything plugged into my xbox and again restarted Router

3/ Checked my ports are open ( All open)

4/ Tried wireless and wired

5/ Called ISP to see if they had block my connection ( They hadnt)

All out of ideas.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 74 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="dumptruck2020"]

HI Guys,

Currently live in China. Notorious for their terrible (Useless Internet) however I can generally connect to xbox live. My xbox is no modified in anyway shape or form. 

I have tried everything to get my xbox connected to live and have failed at every attempt.

1/ Restarted Router for 30 seconds, 1 Minute an 5 Minutes as suggested by someone.

2/ Disconnected everything plugged into my xbox and again restarted Router

3/ Checked my ports are open ( All open)

4/ Tried wireless and wired

5/ Called ISP to see if they had block my connection ( They hadnt)

All out of ideas.

[/quote]I would suggest visiting this page for more information regarding your issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your network is wireless go to connect but disconnect your networks name and then look for your network name after you disconnect  and see if your network names is there try to connect to it again (if is not try contacting certified xbox employees) if that didn't look the forums on xbox.com

Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, dumptruck2020.

After having done all of your guided instructions to try and get your Xbox Live up and running, and it is still failing to connect. I suggest checking your NAT type as to whether it is Open, Moderate, or Strict. Basically this determines the relationship of the connection between your router, and your Xbox console. The following link I am about to put, explains 4 solutions (most of which you have tried) however there is one, that you haven't mentioned doing.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

When you are on this page, look at solution 2 (however read through all 4 solutions, just in case you have missed something). On the other hand, at the top of the page, it will also show you how to test if your NAT type is 'moderate or 'strict'. However, worst case scenario, if this fails to work and you still have troubles with connecting, my advice would be to contact Xbox Support. Good luck !

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)

Sorry this didn't help.

In case anyone is having trouble connecting in China, it's not you. You are being actively blocked as of Oct 18, 2012. It worked 2 days ago, but not at the moment. Big brother has always opened the connection back up after a couple of days. I'm hoping this will happen again.

Did MS make China angry lately? Bill G forget to pay the rent? The stuff we put up with for a job.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, dumptruck2020. Thanks for reporting this to us! We're currently investigating. Hang in there!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been a loyal Xbox360 gamer for years. The sudden interruption of Xbox Live in China only occurred 24 hours after the recent agreement of the new terms and conditions (that I read thru)...  I have contacted my ISP and had them come out now twice to open ports and all that and they say it's NOT an issue with thier service.. What's going on?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not China blocking, me thinks, after new Dashboard release Microsoft changed authentication servers/protocols for Live. If China wanted to block Microsoft web pages, Bing, Xbox.com etc would be blocked as well, but last time I checked Microsoft is in good standing with China.

I have Windows 8 developers preview and it stopped connecting to Live/Marketplace as well, as well as Window 8 Smartphone platform. More over, I can tell you that guys at Ubisoft Shanghai have problems with accessing DevNet/XBL.

So it's something on Microsoft end that could trigger chinese Great Firewall.

I really hope anyone from MS staff see this post and fix this issue. Would be fun to watch all those new Nokia Lumia/Windows 8 users unable to connect to Marketplace when it's released in China.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having the same issue.  

Every since the update, I and several friends in the same city have been unable to connect for any long periods of time.  We were all using China Telecom and getting connection error to xbox live.  Sometimes we'd be able to connect for a few minutes, but it would disconnect soon after, within 3-10 minutes.  I switched over to my China Unicom ISP and had no issues for a day, then the same thing started happening.  Been using xbox here in China for over 5 years, never an issue.  I've got direct connections, routers, modems, etc.  Troublshooted, ports open, etc.  Nothing works.  It's something that happened after this new EULA and update.  I'm not the only one.  Most people are experiencing issues in China now.  Right after the new EULA I couldn't connect afterwards reliably, then it was ok for  maybe a few days, but it was off and on.  Now its just dropping me constantly and I'm tired of it.  

For the person saying China isn't supported, that's not true.  Hong Kong is a supported region and a part of China.  It's just an excuse to avoid the issue and find a solution.  Besides, I'd love to see the unofficial numbers of people here who do buy and xbox and games.  Many games come with a Chinese edition and/or language.  It's a huge market and all MS is doing by avoiding official support for the mainland is PROMOTING piracy.  

So much for the XBL and points money I've been spending.  

Just as a test, I restarted my xbox after being disconnected and waiting a few minutes.  Started up fine, on live, then BAM, disconnected.  Less than 4 minutes.  And that's on a different ISP.  Now neither will connect at all or for  any longer than a few minutes.  

Ahh...what's the point, no help here I think.  People gonna ask for some status codes and the usual.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I live in China too and been having the same problem, till now it hasnt been fixed at all.

Just yesterday playing black ops 2, i got disconnected, reconnected after 20mins of trial and error, got back on black ops 2 only to find out that i am on probation cause i have quit during the game too many times. What the..... i was so pissed cause 80% of the time it was the connection. Hopefully the find a solution for this soon, if not ill just have to quit xbox and maybe another console

Sorry this didn't help.

Hong Kong is officially supported by Xbox LIVE but the Mainland is not.

Sorry this didn't help.