Can't Connect to XBL?

Okay, so here's the situation. Yesterday before I headed off to classes I decided to kill some time by playing Modern Warfare 3 online. Got on, played a few rounds, then headed off to class. No problems. When I got back to my apartment a couple hours later, however, and tried to get back online, I was unable to do so. I ran a connection test and it kept telling me that my wireless password is incorrect, even though it was working fine a couple hours before, not to mention the fact that it's impossible for the password to have been changed while I was at class, because I have my own apartment and everything. Despite the fact that I've typed and retyped my password about 10 times when prompted, I still kept getting the same message: "Incorrect Wireless Password." I've tried everything I can think of, I went on the website given in the troubleshooting, and nothing has helped get me reconnected to XBL. I just bought my Xbox last week and haven't had any problems with it yet, so I don't know if there is something wrong with my console or with my router (it's Comcast, what did you expect? :p ) But when I got on this morning, it was connected to XBL like nothing had ever happened...until later when I turned on and realized that it had happened all over again.

I don't know what the problem is, but if anybody knows how I might be able to solve this problem, I would appreciate the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Check your encryption key settings. If it's wpa2/wpa could be an issue. Set in to one or the other not a combo.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok I know what you mean, but I'm...well, I'm technology challenged in this kind of thing :p How do I do this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi XEX. Sorry to hear you're having problems. First off, the problem you're having isn't due to your XBOX Live account. This clearly is an issue with your router. Sounds to me as if you're router is getting compromised by an outside source or some routers do have a utility that automatically changes your password randomly and sends an email to the user of the new password, but this is very new technology and probably not your issue if you've had your router for a while.

Contact support with the manufacturer of your router and see what they can do for you. Sorry but that's just about all I can think of to help you at this time. Please write back if you need to. Game on!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can change your router's password yourself, you may be able to fix it too.

Sorry this didn't help.