Can't connect to x-box live?

All of my internet function are working, or else how would i be posting this, however for some reason i can't connect to x-box live. There are no system's down and yet still nothing. I've done all of the support idea's and still nothing. It is not my ISP either for my friend who live's next to me has no problem at all connecting. Any idea's that don't have anything to deal with my connection to the internet would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

How are you connecting to xbox live? Are you connecting through a wireless adapter on your xbox?  If so on your xbox go to settings,system,network settings,click on which ever one has a check but if using wireless adapter click wireless network. Click configure network and where it says ip address that is your xboxs ip address in which you need to forward those ports. Now what you need to do is go into your router settings and to do this on your computer click start then type cmd and hit enter. Once you do that type in ipconfig and hit enter. Look for where it says default gateway. Once you find that type that in the top of your web browser (your url bar). Type in a password if needed please google default password for "your router" if you do not know what to type there. Once your are in find where it says application and gaming on the top tab or something similar to that. Than click on where it says port forward or port range forward. Type in for the ip the ip you got on your xbox and foward ports 88 as udp 80 as tcp 53 as both 3074 as both. Once you do that your connection should be working. If still not working than try to restart your router and/or modem by simply unplugging the power cable. I would also recommend turning off any firewalls or calling xbox support if you still have a problem. Please reply to this post if you need anymore help good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Click on the silver Guide button in the middle of the controller and press the blue (X) button to sign out. Then,

go two clicks right to Settings and choose System Settings then Storage.

Move over the Hard Drive or Memory Unit (_not_ Cloud Storage) and press the yellow (Y) button,

choose Clear System Cache and confirm. Then,

tap on the silver Guide button again,

choose Download Profile, and when asked for your Windows Live ID and password, enter them.

After the download completes, sign back in.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would suggest you run through this wizard to see if it can assist you in resolving this issue:

support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

Sorry this didn't help.