Can't connect to wireless Network

Hi:) I am having trouble with connecting to the internet. My xbox wire less adaptor won't connect to my internet. Evertime I test the connection It says "can't connect to wireless network" This has never happened before. And also the red light on the xbox wireless adaptor is on. However, I have been having some connection issues from my laptop to my wireless adaptor. I have no idea how to fix this. I tried everything and looked all over internet. I think the problem is the wireless adaptor, but I don't know what to do. My adaptor is Cisco Linksys E 2500. If you have any idea how to fix this problem, please let me know. I want to play my xbox live again haha. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Well, the router is a Linksys E2500 (soon to be a Belkin E2500), but what Xbox calls the wireless adapter is

a) inside the 360s, the newest console, the one with a chrome plated circular power button on the front

b) an optional add-on for the original 360 series, which have black or white circular power buttons.

1) The 'G' adapter has one stubby little antenna and a white body with XBOX 360 printed next to the LED

2) The 'N' adapter has two antennas and a black body with XBOX 360 printed next to the LED.

Which do you have, the 360s, a 360 w/ the G adapter or the N adapter?

Could I also ask you to Reset the Factory (Network) Settings:

Tap the silver Guide button, go 2 clicks to the right,

do Settings, System Settings, Network Settings, then choose your connection (WIRED if Ethernet, otherwise the SSID of your WiFi connection), then Configure Network.

Copy down the settings for IP (auto/manual, IP address, subnet mask and gateway) as well as DNS (auto/manual, primary DNS server, secondary DNS server), then go one click right to Additional settings.

If anything is _not_ blank or Not Set, make a note of those settings as well,

then go to the bottom and choose Restore to Factory Defaults and confirm.

Then power down the console, wait 8 secs or more, power back up and reconnect.

You will be asked at some point 'An Xbox 360 wireless adapter has been detected but not configured. Do you want to configure now?' - answer YES.

If that does not solve it, please give us some more info:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number: Linksys E2500

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.