Can't connect to wifi

My Xbox won't connect to my wifi network, but my computer and iPad work just fine. I tried resetting to default and no help... Any ideas? It just worked Wednesday before I took it home and it connected to my wifi at home just fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 116 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

So everything but the xbox connects? Typical. In my experience with xbox I have found that the way it connects to both the internet and the Live service is extremely flawed. Now I hear that it also has issue on the LAN level! What a piece of junk! I seriously spent hours on the phone with xbox "Connection Rangers" and at the end of the day they tell me my router is broken ( yet couldn't explain why my 2 ps3s connect just fine). So I buy the router the guy swears to me will solve my xbox problem and still, my xbox is disconnecting. I know you don't want to hear this as this is the Xbox forums, but I went and traded in my xbox for a ps3, and now everything runs smooth. Guys at Xbox will try to blame the problem on everything but the xbox, waste hours of your day, and never actually fix anything. Save yourself a headache and some time and get a ps3 (or wait for 4!) Head on over to the playstation support forums- you wont find pages and pages of people unable to connect like you do here. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings ObamasSphincter!

Appreciate if you can post up the make and model of your modem and router. Also state whether you are using the external wireless network adapter (black or white) or the internal wireless N adapter (Xbox 360 Slim). Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know if it matters but my roommates xbox is connected and working fine on xbox live. Would that make it an internal problem? Also cleared cache and restarted router with no resolve. Also I am using the black xbox with an internal wifi adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you post up the make and model of your modem and router.

If you haven't already, restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

Can you also tell us how your Xbox is set up to your Internet connection.

Thank you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, try this please as suggested by taidara.

-

On your console go to settings/ system/ network settings. Select your network connection from the list of available networks. Then select configure network, then additional settings. You will see an option to restore the network settings to the factory defaults, do that, power the console off and back on and set up your connection again.

-

When you connect your console to another network it will remember the settings for that network and resetting the network settings can often times clear things up.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:
1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then
2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
3) unplug power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll try that.

W

X: 8000-0011

Y

Z

ID: FFFF-FFFF

L: 8015-1000

Q: 8007-0435

T: wireless

G

D

S: WPA2

C

Sorry this didn't help.

So far nothing has worked. Can't be the router when my roommates xbox connects literally 10 feet away from mine. I thought maybe it was still trying to connect to my home wifi but nothing has helped.

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the make and model of your router and how is your console set up to your Internet connection.

Make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware. Visit the manufactures website and download the latest update.

If you haven't already, try restore your router to factory settings. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Configure your routers wireless settings (WPA2-PSK with AES, Passphrase, SSID). Make sure WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is disabled/turned off. 

Sorry this didn't help.