can't connect to wifi, but only a particular router

Yesterday everything worked fine. Today my xbox refuses to connect to my wifi extender (Almond touch screen wireless N router + range extender). All of my other devices (phone / laptop) will connect to the range extender. The signal is strong and speedtest comes back with solid results. The xbox will also connect successfully to the primary wifi, but the signal is too weak to stream video which is why I use the extender. I have the 360 S. I have put the password back in several times. I have rebooted the entire system from the main router to the extender to the xbox. No dice. I have reset the system cache on the xbox. Any other ideas? When I click More Info > Status I get the below codes (these mean nothing to me). I'm based in the US. It's using the built in wireless. I'm completely out of ideas.

W: 0000 - 0000
X: 8000 - 0011
Y: 0000 - 0000
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID FFFF - FFFF
L: 8015 - 1004
Q: 8015 - 1004
T: Wireless
A: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
G: 0.0.0.0
D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0
N: <redacted>
S: WPA2
C: 0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 60 Applies to:

now i'm getting 8007 - 0435 as the Q value, the info for this error code doesn't tell me anything i don't already know.. can't connect

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If anyone else hits this problem this is how I got it working again... I logged into my wireless router and switched it from WPA2 to WPA (AES), then reset the wifi extender and reconnected the xbox to the extender. Now it works. I've seen other people mention trouble connecting to WPA2 secured wifi with xbox so this might help you. On a side note.. why the heck is the xbox (which is really just a computer) so much harder to get connected to a wifi network than every other device in existance?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem and I repeat, what you have done. It helped me too. Thank you very much

Sorry this didn't help.