Can't connect to specific friend on Xbox Live; suspected port blocked by ISP

I have a problem connecting to a specific friend on Xbox Live. I suspect that it's a NAT problem, but one that I cannot fix from my end; the ISP for my apartment building (Airwave Networks) is blocking certain ports and they won't seem to tell me which ones are closed, much less open them for me. When I connect directly to the wall, my NAT shows as moderate on the Xbox/in Black Ops 2, but when I use my router (Linksys WRT54GL) it shows as open. I have followed the steps in the troubleshooting guide several times, and I'm fairly certain that I have port forwarded correctly on my end. My friend has a similar situation with his ISP about blocked ports.

Two websites (yougetsignal.com and ismyportblocked.com) report port 3074 as blocked and open, respectively. Are my ports really blocked, and is there any way to get around this?

Thanks,

Adrian

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 88 Applies to:

Greetings AtomicAdrian!
[quote user="AtomicAdrian"]When I connect directly to the wall, my NAT shows as moderate on the Xbox/in Black Ops 2, but when I use my router (Linksys WRT54GL) it shows as open.[/quote]This behavior make sense, if you have configure your Xbox network settings manually. Meaning that your console do not obtain IP address and DNS automatic. Is this correct?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No. My console automatically obtains all network settings.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AtomicAdrian. What you are seeing is your Xbox 360 console testing its NAT type between itself and your router. Even though there is a NAT issue on your network you are getting what we call "invisible NAT".

I recommend contacting Xbox Networking Support to help you configure your network to have a true open NAT connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now, addressing the network beyond your router might be a bit more tricky. You will need access to administrative functionality of the gateway your apartment uses in order to make a port forwarding/DMZ/firewall change, and unfortunately they will more than likely not allow that. With port 3074 traffic not being allowed to flow freely between your Xbox and the Xbox Live service, you will constantly be facing NAT issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive never had a problem using Air Wave Networks until now. My old xbox 360 works fine plugged in the wall, however my xbox one will not work at all when the ethernet cable is plugged in the wall.

Sorry this didn't help.

How can i recover one friend thta i blocked by mistake and i do not remember the avatar exactly?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Catalan!

In a situation like this, you can always send the blocked Gamertag a message and it will remove the block. As far as remembering their exact Gamertag spelling, I suggest asking any friends you may have had in common with that person.

If you have any other questions, please feel encouraged to make a new post detailing your issue and we'll tailor our support specifically to you! =)

Sorry this didn't help.