Can't connect to party/join session with friends

I cannot connect to live party or join session with about half of my friend's list. When others are online our work around is to find someone that we can all join. However, this is a pain in the *@& and if there is only a couple of us online we cannot play together. My NAT Type is set to Open. I have tested the connection. I have restarted my router. I have restarted my xbox. In the "configure network" menu all connections are set to Automatic. I have restored factory settings on the "advanced" tab on configure network. Further information below... PLEASE HELP!!

Modem: I use Verizon and they provided a Motorola NIM100 Bridge Connector.

Router: D-Link DI-624

Connection Type: Wired

UPnP: Unknown

NAT Error: NONE

ISP: Verizon

Tested Connection: Everything OK "More Info" below

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F0

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: WIRED

A: 192.168.0.100

G: 192.168.0.1

D: 192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 121 Applies to:

No response yet? Since I can only play on the weekends, I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Thrower! Sorry for the delay! We can take up to 24 hours to respond to your posts here. Now then, let's take a look at your issue. It sounds like you are able to connect and stay connected to LIVE just fine, it's just the connecting to friends that is not working properly, correct?

You say that you can connect to some folks, but not others. Do you find that these are the same people each time who you cannot connect to? I would strong encourage these people to also ensure that their NAT settings are Open. Once you confirm that they have done this as well, try connecting again and see if you can. Let us know if that works for you, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this issue with 3 friends consistently over the last few of weeks and one more friend from time to time. We all have our NAT set to Open. We have all done a network test and reset configuration to default settings. Still no luck. We have tried many of the suggestions on the forums over the last couple of weeks and nothing has helped.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LU THROWER 66! Can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks! It would be helpful if you could request this from the friends you're having connection issues with as well. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

My results:

Ping 54ms

Download Speed 30.10 Mbps

Upload Speed 10.34 Mbps

To be honest, I do not know what my ISP is claiming to provide to me. I am not the one that pays the bill, so I am unable to see what subscription we have. I believe that connection is good enough to connect to xbox live party, join session in progress, etc with my friends. At this point I have been unable to get my friends to do this. I honestly believe that they will have similar results.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It will be your router not your ISP, I've seen it before , hopefully this will get you up and running:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../59-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

Sorry this didn't help.

All of the settings are as recommended on that link you posted. I have tried to update to a later version of firmware, but I keep getting errors on the router page about compatibility. If this situation does not improve soon, I will request a new router from my ISP. This router has been discontinued since 2007!!

Sorry this didn't help.

What firmware are you using? Have you tried to downgrade to the version suggested on that link?

Sorry this didn't help.