can't connect to network 80151901

My xbox (MW3 edition) won't connect to my network (same one I've used and am using now to reply on my laptop, so wifi is fine) and I get the code 80151901.

When I test connection, it fails to connect to my network.

I've also noticed that start-up is really slow (takes about a minute to show profiles) and when I turn the console off, the screen flashes pink for a split second.

I have emptied the cache and restarted the console, but it hasn't worked.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Greetings UCO!

Let's try the following steps up front and let us know how that goes and we'll work from there.

Turn off the Xbox. Power off your modem and router for 5 minutes. Power on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Power on the router and wait another minute.

Turn on the Xbox and navigate to Xbox network settings. Select Additional Settings tab. Select Restore to factory defaults. If wired, press "B" on your controller and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection. If wireless, reconfigure Xbox wireless settings.

You may also want to clear the Xbox system cache (3 times in a row). Here's how! 

Post back and let us know how that goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Great stuff! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

it didnt work for me. im trying to use my laptop as the internet source, ive done it before and now i cant

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there reaper,

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to Xbox Live.

If you've already tried the suggestions listed by taidara, I would also recommend trying our guide for connecting to Xbox Live using a Windows computer for some steps on setting up Internet Sharing or a network bridge.

If you're still having issues connecting after that, please go ahead and create a new thread detailing your situation along with any error code/message you may see and the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so that we can better tailor our support to your situation. 

Sorry this didn't help.