Can't Connect to Live or Kicks Me off after about 5 Minutes

I have had problems connecting to live, my internet and wireless are connecting fine, but I can't connect to live.  I looked on the forums and advice pages from xbox and reset my modem and waited and then plugged it back in one step at a time, with no luck.  I reset the network settings to factory and then went in and scanned for my wireless and it seemed to work but then after about 5 minutes it kicks me back off again.  Also none of my apps are working.  I get error codes for netflix and hulu plus.  I can play games just fine as long as I am not trying to play live.   I just started having this problem about 1 week ago.  I tried deleting my netflix app and reinstalling it but before lived kicked me off again i was told that my marketplace was not available either with a long status code that I didn't write down.  help please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hey there KillMe!
It seems that your having trouble making connecting to the LIVE-service. Try troubleshoot with some basic steps.

Clear Xbox system cache 
Download your Xbox profile 

Make sure your router firmware is up to date (visit manufactures website and see if there is a later version available). Could you try using a wired connection directly to your modem and see if it let's you stay connected without any issues (make sure you reset xbox network settings back to the default).

If you still without any luck could you post back in full detail from the START HERE! sticky post (the bits that are in bold under the title "Make a post").

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I have a fix for the netflix and random sign out issues during online video play back and random sign outs during games, admins please feel free to sticky this...

If you are using your Xbox 360 on a wireless router you need to login to your router using a computer web browser, the address is normally written on the router itself and normally start with 192.168.

Under wireless advanced setting find the 802.11 mode setting change the value from 300 Mbps to 145 Mbps or a lower available value preferably not 45 Mbps, and apply the settings, now you need to switch on your xbox 360 and do two things first (I'm not sure if this is required yet) you need to go into system settings and turn off screen saver (please feel free to skip this if you wish to test this further).

Secondly go into your Xbox 360's network setting and write down your Xbox 360's IP (and Mac address) address and leave the Xbox on.

Go back  to your wireless router and reserve the IP address that has been taken. Apply the settings (instructions on how to do this for your type of router should be online or in the manual).

You can also optionally now set the Xbox 360 to manually have that address, this is optional though because the reserve should be done by MAC address and the router will only ever hand out the reserved IP address to the Xbox 360, but it's up to you if you want to set the Xbox internet setting manually.

On your Wireless router navigate/find to DMZ setting, and enter the Xbox 360's reserved IP address and apply the settings.

Now save and exit your router and restart your Xbox and if all has gone well watch a film in peace!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.