Can't connect to live on Terraria.

I just bought Terraria, amazing game btw, have been playing for atleast two days straight have alot of achievements for it, and for some reason this morning every time I try tried to to connect to Terraria it would boot me offline, but I can play online for every other game like Black Ops 2, it's starting to frustrate me because I go on Terraria with my brothers live account and he doesn't get booted offline , I tried it all, re-installing the game, unplugging my router, clearing my cache, after I cleared my cache now it says i have no achievements, someone help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 93 Applies to:

Sounds like the local profile is out of date or corrupted, and when an app or routine asks for data from it, it causes the involuntary disconnection. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Please do Settings | System Settings | Storage

2) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

3) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Repeat Steps 1-3 twice before moving on to Step 4.

* Re-download *

4) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

5) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

6) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

7) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

7A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

8) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

9) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

10) Sign in, and retry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this didn't work for me. any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Ahialon! I'm very sorry to see the troubleshooting steps didn't work for you! This thread is over a year old. We had a service alert up yesterday that may have affected your ability to sign in to Terraria. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.