Can't connect to live on first startup.

Recently started encountering a strange problem. When I turn on my console, it signs into my name, but doesn't connect to Live. If I try to connect, I instantly get the error that it can't connect. I can choose "OK" or "Test Connection". If I test the connection, it will succeed and I can then connect. Or, if I turn off the console for a second, and turn it back on, it will connect the second time it boots up (this is the method I use, since it's faster). This happens 100% of the time.

I connect via WiFi to a Linksys WRT54G v1.1 running Tomato firmware. The xbox uses a manual ip address which is outside the DHCP range of the router. I  have port 3074 open for the xbox's ip address (otherwise I get a moderate NAT, even though upnp is enabled). 

Overal lit's a minor annoyance, but I'd love to be able to just turn the xbox on and connect the first time. 

Has anyone encountered this specific problem before? Does it sound like I've set my connection up the best way possible (without hardwiring)? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey John! I know this sounds like of obvious but when was the last time you left console, router, modem all unplugged for at least 5-10 minutes?  Sometimes that's all it takes.  Also it might have to do with that firmware. Is there a reason you're unable to use the official firmware?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem on mine,any update?

Sorry this didn't help.

Posted about this error as well. Probably good to just turn auto sign-in off for now. Mine works perfectly when it's not trying to sign in when turning the system on. I'll try again tomorrow and see if something has changed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.