Can't Connect to Live, going to Format HDD

Hi

I have a question regarding formatting my HDD. I haven't been able to connect to LIVE for months now. I have tried every possible solution, spent hrs chatting to online help, posted on these forums, nothing works. Believe me, I have tried everything. Well almost, I haven't formatted my HDD yet. I consider it a last resort, so here I am.

I was going to transfer all my content to USB first, as a back up. I only have a 20 gig console, so a 16 gig USB will suffice. My question is; will I be able to transfer my XBLA games to USB in the content transfer? The reason I ask, is because if this last resort attempt to restore my XBOX LIVE connection fails, I have no other way of getting those XBLA games back onto my console.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

actually yes you can recover anything you downloaded through account management and download history and you will be able to redownload any and all thing purchased with this account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there bud!

Ok, by formatting your hard drive you will lose all data on it, unless as you say, you put it on to a transferable device such as the method you are choosing (USB) However, all online data such as multiplayer stats will be there and able to be accessed through just downloading your profile, however to be safe put all data on the USB Flash drive. All purchased content can be downloaded again with no charge.Have a look at the Use a USB flash drive for storing your Xbox content page to assist you in the process. Although you say you have tried everything, I would like to be sure that you have tried all relevant solutions, as you may have missed something that could potentially resolve or find the reason behind this issue!

In terms of not connecting / disconnecting, have a look at the Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE page. Also, it may be due to your network not having the sufficient speed or settings. Make sure all ports are forwarded. As well this, could you perform a Network Speed Test, and post the results here.

This is so we can tell and show you whether you have the sufficient speed in order to play on XboxLIVE - of which if you don't, and wish to connect to XboxLIVE, it is advised that you contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and request them for a speed boost, or you could purchase a new router. If you could also perform a XboxLIVE Connection Test and if any errors pop up, have a little peak of the Xbox LIVE Connection Problems page of which will consist of all the solutions based on the error that appears.

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, thank you for responding. The main issue is I can't get back online to re-download everything. This issue with connection is a long drawn out affair. Since the last major update in October 2012, I have had issues connecting. Everything used to be PERFECT, never had an issue. Turning the modem on and off used to work, but now nothing does. I've done it all, like I said, help chat, this forum, contacting my Internet provider. Tried solutions like manually entering ip addresses etc, dhcp is on, mtu is set at an appropriate level, internet is more then fast enough, deleting caches. I can't forward the ports as they are "defined by another service". But port forwarding shouldn't be the issue because I'm connecting the Xbox directly to my modem. The difficult part is, no one can pin point the issue. Every time I run a connection test, the red X is in a different spot. Not to mention receiving different error codes (800705b4, 80072ee), one of which relates to Windows Media Centre, which I'm not even running! The only time it does connect, it will say "Some content is temporarily unavailable", but I know LIVE is up and running by checking.

Anyhow, I won't bore you with that stuff.

That table on 'USB flash drive support for Xbox 360' answered my question. Arcade titles can be stored on USB.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're more than welcome! Glad to be of help! :)

Sorry this didn't help.