can't connect to internet.. no other error message

we just purchased a new xbox 360.. model is 1490.  I've never owned one before.  I reset the storage so that the next time the unit came up it prompted for connect chat and speech calibration.  At any rate, I've gone into the network and tried to connect to xbox live using the automatic settings and it was connecting to the internet but failed connecting to xbox live.  Now it won't even connect to the internet... I've unplugged my router and let it sit 30 seconds several times and tried again.. still no internet.  I've also tried plugging in static IP information and DNS info and it still won't connect to the internet.  My notebook, connected to the same wireless router does get to the internet.  My router is one that came with my contract for the ISP and it has very limited.  I did list NAT table and the xbox tried to reach the address of 23.72.82.50 on port 80 but I don't know if it was successful.  I can ping that address but i'm not sure what it is.

Here is the information I've seen that will be requested to start the troubleshooting.

My modem is a Actiontec GT704WG Rev B... Verizon provided it(frontier bought out Verizon dsl in our area since I started with them).  It provides the router functionality as well

I don't see an external adapter on the xbox 360.

The router has UPnp enabled.  I've tried disabling it and reenabling it as well

I don't see any NAT errors, but the router doesn't seem to have the ability to show errors.  The xbox does not show any errors either.  when it can't connect to the internet it just comes up with an error that it couldn't connect.. doesn't say anything about anything.. other than a website to go to... the website asks for what is displayed on the xbox but the xbox give no meaningful imformation

ISP is Frontier.  I live in Illinois, USA.

W:0000 - 0021
X: 000-00d
Y: 000-000
Z: 000-000
ID:fff-fff
L:8015-1000
Q:8007-004
T:wireless

A:192.168.1.16/255.255.255.0

G:192.168.1.1
 D:74.40.74.40,74.40.74.41
S:NoSecurity
C:6

here is some of the info that is under the system information.. in case that is helpful.

D:2.0.16203.0

I think that is all the information... thanks for any help.

This is the url I used to find out what information to post.  http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/155724.aspx

please let me know what other information you need in helping to troubleshoot this.

thanks

Shannon

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I reread my post.. this is not a new xbox 360.. just new to me.  I just purchased it used.  thanks

Shannon Ramirez

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you connecting via a wireless adapter or through an ethernet cable?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Jvcoach,

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to LIVE.

Just to make sure that I completely understand your issue:

• You are not able to connect to the Internet.
  • When you run the Connection Test you just says can't connect, does not give a specific error or say why.
  • You've never connected to Xbox LIVE before

Can you double check the numbers of the X Y and Z values when you run your connection. Those should be 8 digit long codes.

I would also check our Connection Error Troubleshooter. Choose the option for where your test fails and try the troubleshooting steps listed there.

Please let us know how that goes and what those values are and we'll work from there. 

Sorry this didn't help.