Can't connect to GFWL: error code 0x80151a06

I get this error when trying to sign in to Batman: Arkham City. The game is a steam version, I am on Windows 7 64-bit and the game was signing in perfectly fine in my non-Steam version of the game, now it cannot sign in to live (always stuck in offline mode) and my 40+ hour online save is locked up. No amount of googling has helped. Let me stress that the game WAS WORKING prior to switching to Steam, so please help fix this. I know you probably can't help decrypt saves so that after the (now inevitable) shutting down of GFWL services us customers can still access our games and achievements but at least signing in should not be a problem!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Greetings zelta!

It seems that you've come to the right place, but the wrong section of these forums. Let me give you a gentle push in the right direction: Games for Windows - Technical Support And hopefully someone there is able to find you a solution.

Good luck! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks taidara, I could not find GFWL support using the normal menus and even the support forum links weren't loading in both Firefox and Chrome, had to disable almost all my ad blockers to get them to show up!

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you get this to load properly: forums.xbox.com/.../253.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

What I meant is that clicking on the support link there are no GFWL links:

support.xbox.com/en-US

So using the contact us page to reach out to technical support shows a javascript-heavy page that does not load any of the page items from the main buttons unless I deactivate ad-blockers, I then turned to the forum but there was no immediate link to gfwl so went for the xbl ones as that seemed the most reasonable.

Sorry this didn't help.