If you can not connect to EA servers and can play other games apart from EA's try the following, this is what has worked for me and the servers are fine with me now, so I am just passing on what I have done.
Please follow the steps provided:-
1. Have your Xbox 360 connected to Xbox Live and viewing the dashboard.
2. Turn off your router and modem. (This will the disconnect you offline)
3. Go to your Xbox, on the dashboard go on the My Xbox tab and go to System Settings > Console Settings and select Clock.
4. Change the year of the date to 2005 and press "A"
5. Go turn back on your router and modem and wait for it to start up. (about thirty seconds)
6. Turn off your Xbox and then turn it back on, the year will go back to 2011 on the system clock.
7. Inset a game and see if you still get the error message.
Please reply back to tell me if this worked for you.