Can't connect to certain friends Xbox Live party.

Since yesterday I have not been allowed to connect to a certain friend on Xbox live, however I can connect to him if somebody else hosts the party, it is the same for games I can no longer join him or he join my games.
I have looked at past forums and it seems other people have had a similar problem to myself but have never been given a proper answer, I have done everything like open ports 88, 3074 my Nat type is open and I have cleared cache, turned off my router for 30seconds and turn it back on, checked my Xbox live connection which is fine.
So I don't want any replies saying have you opened ports because I have done, I just want to know is this a problem with a lot more people then the few that have opened posts about it and is there going to be a fix from Xbox for it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 214 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Sh00ter!
Could it be that your friends NAT is moderate or strict or even changing over time from beeing Open to moderate/strict and therefore prevents you to connect properly witch each?

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)

When you manually configuring ports to be open make sure you turn off UPnP on your router. Otherwise UPnP will overwrite static port forwards.
If you've already disabled UPnP or by turning it off did not help could you please tell us what make&model of modem/router you have.

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I have same kind of problem with certain friends. When i try to join xbox live party or  even i`m hosting the party i get this message: Connection of xbox live has been lost.

I don`t have Nat problems also and i did this ports forwarding too.

Only that port UDP and TCP 3074 i couldn`t open, there comes error from wrong port name..

I have this UPnP still enabled, could this be the problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have fixed the problem, what happened to me was my whole internet went down the next day after I had been messing with ports so I just basically reset the whole router deleted the network from Xbox reset the whole network from my IP, then I set up my whole router again changed firewall added some ports and boom it worked. I hope you find a easier way of fixing it then I did Ebbe83.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ebbe83"]

I have same kind of problem with certain friends. ....

I don`t have Nat problems also and i did this ports forwarding too.

Only that port UDP and TCP 3074 i couldn`t open, there comes error from wrong port name..

I have this UPnP still enabled, could this be the problem?

[/quote]

If you have UPnP in use, do NOT manually set up port forwarding, unless you have specific reasons for that (i.e. your console showing the NAT still as strict or moderate).

So if you have an open NAT, ask your friend to check his network for an open NAT.

However, in order to further troubleshoot this issue, it would be great if you and your friend could provide their network setup and hardware.

Maybe it's your friends fault, or you (or your friend) are using a 3G/4G mobile network modem. In that case some cellphone based Internet Providers use NAT in their system that you can't configure, which will lead to connection problems.

For more information, and troubleshooting suggestions look at the link in my signature.

Also recommend your friend to read through the post.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, when I test my Xbox connection I don't get any warnings, but cannot connect to friends, I'm using srp500 series Cisco router. How do I open those ports 88, 80, 53, and 3074

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome Dunx79!

Since this thread is marked as "answered", we appreciate if you create your own thread, detailing your issue.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

So far I have been looking for answers too and I can't get a streight working solution and I'v got the same problem it's just one friend I can't connect to so it must be a pretty common problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey faygo - have you tried the solutions described earlier in this thread?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have this problem, but I used to be able to connect with this friend until a couple days ago. I have checked all the ports, my NAT is open, and checked my router. Everything seems to be fine but I just can't connect to this friend anymore and its been 4 days since it started. Does this type of thing just go away after a while?

Sorry this didn't help.

In the recent players or friends section. Your given a option to submit a player review. This allows you to easily connect to players you like to play with-out adding them as a friend. It automatically connects with prefered player's, or avoid them. This is about playing with them. Now the player might have it's party section to invite only

Sorry this didn't help.