So I'm in a sticky situation. I'll just give you all of the facts.
1) I go to school at Quinnipiac University, so it is restricted internet access.
2) There are two wireless connections here "BobcatNet" and "QU-Enet". The latter is for gaming consoles. It's the one I've been using all semester.
3) I have been connected the entire semester, without any problems.
4) It continually says "Can't connect to XBox LIVE" when I try to connect, only after a second or two from when I hit "Connect."
5) Tested connection, it doesn't do anything, but it does NOT say "Can't connect...", instead it just stays attempting to connect.
6) My wireless adapter was blinking, which usually means it has found a connection, and is trying to connect, but can't. So, I checked other consoles in my room, (PS3) and it was working, so it's not the internet connection. I did not, however, check another XBox.
7) So, there's a wireless adapter/ethernet plug in on the wall toward the ceiling. I didn't have an ethernet cable, but I read somewhere that maybe the wirelss needed to be updated. So I had to physically bring my XBox up to the ceiling, standing on my roommate's bed, unplugged the tiny cable that linked the adapter to the wall, and plugged it into the XBox. (The cable barely reached, almost dropped my XBox and broke my neck, I'm an idiot.) ---- It didn't connect. Instead it got one step past what happened with the wireless network test, and then it said "Can't connect..."
Again, I didn't try another XBox's connection, but I posted a FB status asking if anyone was having problems. No one has responded, though that could be because I have no friends because I'm too obsessed with my XBox. I need some fresh air.