Can't Connect on Wired or Wireless...

So I'm in a sticky situation. I'll just give you all of the facts.

1) I go to school at Quinnipiac University, so it is restricted internet access.

2) There are two wireless connections here "BobcatNet" and "QU-Enet". The latter is for gaming consoles. It's the one I've been using all semester.

3) I have been connected the entire semester, without any problems.

4) It continually says "Can't connect to XBox LIVE" when I try to connect, only after a second or two from when I hit "Connect."

5) Tested connection, it doesn't do anything, but it does NOT say "Can't connect...", instead it just stays attempting to connect.

6) My wireless adapter was blinking, which usually means it has found a connection, and is trying to connect, but can't. So, I checked other consoles in my room, (PS3) and it was working, so it's not the internet connection. I did not, however, check another XBox.

7) So, there's a wireless adapter/ethernet plug in on the wall toward the ceiling. I didn't have an ethernet cable, but I read somewhere that maybe the wirelss needed to be updated. So I had to physically bring my XBox up to the ceiling, standing on my roommate's bed, unplugged the tiny cable that linked the adapter to the wall, and plugged it into the XBox. (The cable barely reached, almost dropped my XBox and broke my neck, I'm an idiot.) ---- It didn't connect. Instead it got one step past what happened with the wireless network test, and then it said "Can't connect..."

8) WTF?

Again, I didn't try another XBox's connection, but I posted a FB status asking if anyone was having problems. No one has responded, though that could be because I have no friends because I'm too obsessed with my XBox. I need some fresh air.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 110 Applies to:

Please hurry with a solution, I need my Fifa fix.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

As this is a Uni connection you will need to speak to the Uni network admins for advice as they are in control of the networks you are wanting to connect to.

Usually we can say try X/Y/Z but as you don't control the network its out of your hands.

Here are some tips for connecting at Uni/College www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../103-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college but you may need to speak with network admins as some block Xbox live traffic

Sorry this didn't help.