Can't connect my xbox 360 to xbox live

I set up xbox live on my xbox one and haven't had any problems.  Just tried to set up my 360 on the same account and I'm having trouble.  Connection is fine and it connects to xbox live but it won't let me log in.  We have four profiles on the xbox one and I've tried all of them to log in on the 360.  It tells me to sign in with my profile but does nothing.  Then I sign up for a new account and it tells me that info is for a different profile.  Getting frustrated.  I'm sure it's something simple, but at this point I want to throw the system out the window.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If your account was created on the One, you should just need to download your account to the 360.  What error do you get when you try to download your account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It says I'm connected but won't let me sign in.  It tells me I need to sign in or create a Microsoft account.  It tells me to click a profile to sign in (I've tried each one) and then it just brings me back to the same screen.  My son wants an expansion for a game.  I'm going to the game and clicking the purchase button.  Is there another way to connect?  It just keeps telling me to create a new account.  So to answer your question, I'm not really getting an error message.  When I went to create an account and put in our info it tells me that that info is for another profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just noticed that there is a service alert related to recovering accounts on different devices.  support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

This may be your issue.  Keep an eye on the status page and if the alert is fixed but you still experience the problem please post back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, just saw what you were talking about.  Trying that now.  Thanks!!

Sorry this didn't help.