Can't connect at the same time! :(

Okay, so this has been going on for quite some time now, probably 2+ years and we've just put up with it. What happens is me and my brother each have an xbox. And just about 80% of the time, when one of us get's online while the other one is already online, the one who was already on gets kicked off. Resetting the router only works about 50% of the time for some reason. I would think it is an ip conflict, but I have even tried setting our router to a static DNS and giving them separate ip's but still getting kicked off by each other. The cable company here sends out brain dead employees who have no idea what you're talking about when you say something about your xbox or ip address or any of that. Even if no other electronic device (that uses the router) is online in the entire house, our xboxs still conflict. My router is a Linksys WRT54G. Any advice anybody? I'll let you know if i've already tried your suggestion.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi, rather than trying a million things and getting nowhere I'm going to refer you to an external website that is full of great tips for modem/router issues.

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../60-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And just to add to that great link ;o)

If it is indeed a firmware issue with the WRT54G that is preventing both from connecting (quite likely) you could change to use 3rd party firmware (DD-WRT) which is compatible with your router and will support multiple Xboxes with an Open NAT

Sorry this didn't help.

Who turns up like a bad penny but the network expert himself. I'll leave you in the more than capable hands of the owner of the website above.

Broccoli, tiny trees of green goodness.

Sorry this didn't help.