Can't connect anymore?

Hey, I'm using the wireless Xbox 360 and it used to be able to connect just fine. It still shows me getting 4 bars from my network but I can no longer connect. It fails the first step of the connection test. A few times before it has failed the second step but I always just unplugged and plugged the router back in and that worked. Now the first step fails and no matter how many times I unplug and plug the router it doesn't work anymore. What happened? Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Just a thought, it could be your router. I know my husband and I had the same issue and we finally decided to stick with the modem. Depending on how fast your internet speed is, sometimes the routers cannot handle it and do not last as long as they should. Another suggestion, maybe try to talk to your internet provider and see if they can do a full reset and explain to them the trouble you're having. Also, you can go online to research your specific router and sometimes their websites have a Troubleshoot page where you can try to access Technical Support for help with that router. Good luck! Come back if nothing else works and we'll try some more!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.