Can't configure iPod Shuffle (3rd generation, 4 gigs) for extra storage room

I've formatted it to FAT32, set "disk usage" on in iTunes but nothing works. Googled alot but couldnt find an awnser or solution for this problem. In theory it should work...

Has anyone ever successfully performed this function? Please if you have any suggestions please help. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello, unfortunately you won't be able to use any other iPod besides the old 1st and 2nd generation iPod's and iPod Nano's. Shuffles, iPod Touch's, iPhones, iPads will not pick up on the XBOX 360 at all. I don't quite know why Microsoft hasn't updated the functionality of the Optional Media Update so add these new devices into the mix most likely because of competition.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The Optional Media Update has nothing to do with which devices mount on the Xbox 360; it is for interpreting file formats/codecs, such as AAC. For the console to see a device, it has to present itself as a "USB mass storage device". None of the iOS devices do so (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, 5th gen. Nano or later), so they'll never be usable on a 360.

I'm a little surprised that the Shuffle does not; in iTunes, does it ever show that it has a "disk mode", where you could mount it on the desktop? If not, that's a sign that it will never work on a 360, either. Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised: the older Shuffles we have (2nd gen.), can't play and charge at the same time-- they have to be in one mode or the other, so I doubt they'd work on the 360, either. (They aren't simple flash drives, obviously.) So if the Shuffle were somehow "mounted", I'd be afraid that the charge was draining and the time to use it was too brief.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.