Can't choose

not completely sold on buying a Xbox one worried about storage mostly I don't really care for social media or most of the apps I just love playing games solo and co op can some one tell me the solid un biased facts I really don't care for any so called "fan boy" b.s. between PlayStation and Xbox I believe both systems have their positives and negatives thanks for reading and helping .... if you do.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Since you don't care about apps, I suggest you compare games on both consoles and decide from there. Microsoft will add external hard drive support for the Xbox One, but I don't think we have an official date. 

Nobody can help you... the choice is yours... but if your main worry is storage... that is kind of silly isnt it?

External Storage coming soon, some say April, but i would imagine Summer is a safer bet, this will allow your games to be on external USB3 drives. Until then your looking at between 20 and 40 gig installs for games. If you go digital you can uninstall a game and re install whenever you want. Disk based games I think need installing too but not sure if full game goes on disk. ( I am all digital so unsure how it exactly works)

I don't believe worrying about it is silly seeing as how from what im gathering whether you go digital or not you have to use up a large portion of space plus add in game and system updates

Once the External HDD Support is available, just get a nice 2TB drive. That should hold you for awhile.

put it this way both systems have there flaws, yes you can change the internal drive on the ps4 upto 2 tb and you cant on the x1 but soon it will support external support upto 3tb usb3.0 drives and you could use more than one drive obviously not at the same time, which is good to keep a backup of all your games too.  it is all personal preference and the main choice is yours, all we can say what updates may come out for storage but other than that, nothing else can be said.

I mean I understand where you are coming from and I thank you for commenting besides storage are there any other main problems that are common with the system also not looking forward to spending even more for external storage im sure no offense to ms that it will cost a pretty penny and one last question for cloud storage how exactly does it work for games besides being able to transfer from one system to another with out recovering your gamer tag

If you aren't in a hurry, wait.  Eventually, the choice will be clear, or clearer.  

external storage would be a usb3.0 drive of your choice but still pricey, the cloud basically is that, your games saves are stored there so what ever machine you are on you can access the save seamlessly and all your games are accessible on any console for download as long as your logged in.

So far... for me storage hasn't been an issue. But I guess it comes down to how many games you are planning on playing at any given time. I currently have 7 games installed (Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Titanfall, BF4, COD Ghosts, Madden 25, and Killer Instinct) and still have 190GB free.

But really, if you don't care about the multi media aspect... and if you're comparing consoles, then it really comes down to which one is gonna have the exclusives you are going to want to play.