Can't change

I'm having issues with changing my Xbox's account email. It's extremely outdated and has become unrecoverable. (Whoever took control of it changed the security questions). I need help, I'm not really sure what to do.

Also I think I just accidentally made another Xbox account with the email I WANTED to switch my main Xbox to (The one I'm posting with right now)... Not sure if that's a problem. Ugh.

If that's the case I can probably whip up another email. If not, I already have a new Microsoft account/email ready to go. The problem is I can't log into my Xbox right now because it's using the old, outdated, and probably hacked email. I can't log in TO change anything. It's a whirlwind of confusion.

Theoretically I could just start all over with this account, but I'm sitting on two months of Xbox Live Gold membership and just on the cusp of 20,000 GamerPoints, my main account being SEVERAL years old at this point.

I'm probably not being clear, I'm not even really sure what I'm doing. If you need something specified, let me know.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your best bet here may be to contact 1-800-4MY-XBOX and try to explain the situation to them. As you might be able to provide some tangible evidence to them that the account was indeed yours.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thought that might be the case.

Not sure what I can really offer. The email that's tied to my several-year old Xbox is pretty fargone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.