Can't change XBL Email

I created a new email address that I wanted to use for my XBL Account but it accidentally created another XB Profile.

I waited more than 30 days to put a different email with the Mistake Account so I can use my proper email with my proper XB Profile 

BUT IT WILL NOT CHANGE IT FOR ME. I've rang xbox and they can't do anything, I've tried several different emails to change to and still

won't work. Can anyone please help as it is driving me mad? There is absolutely no need for it to be this hard and frustrating >:(

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there

Have you downloaded your profile to your console at any point during those 30 days? If you download your profile to your console, you will have to wait 30 days from the date you downloaded it.

If this is not the issue, can you let us know if you are getting an error code or message?

Many thanks,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want to move the existing profile (Let's call that A), you will have to move the profile associated with the e-mail you want (let's call it B) to another e-mail (let's call that C) so that the current one (A) gets moved to e-mail B.

[quote]•If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag (or Xbox Music tag) from one Microsoft account to a different Microsoft account that's already linked to another Xbox LIVE gamertag, you'll get the following error message:

The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from the Microsoft account you want to use. Here's how:

1.Consider the following scenario:

◦Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

In this scenario, your gamertag is Gamertag B, and you want to move it to Microsoft account 1.

2.At accounts.live.com, create a new Microsoft account. You'll only need this account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags.

Example:

◦Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Microsoft account 3 is free.

3.Switch the gamertag that's linked to the Microsoft account that you want to use to the Microsoft account that you created in Step 3.

Example:

◦Microsoft account 1 is now free.

◦Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 3.

4.Switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account that you want to use.

Example:

◦Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Microsoft account 2 is now free.

◦Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

5.To complete the switch of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. After 30 days, switch Gamertag A from Microsoft account 3 to Microsoft account 2.

Example:

◦Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag A is now linked to Microsoft account 2.

◦Microsoft account 3 is now free.

6.Cancel the Microsoft account that you created in step 2.

Example:

◦Gamertag B is now linked to Microsoft account 1.

◦Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

◦Microsoft account 3 is cancelled.

•When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

•You can move a gamertag to a different Microsoft account only once every 30 days.

◦This includes new gamertags downloaded from Xbox LIVE.

◦If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since the last time you moved it, you’ll get the following error message:

Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now.

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

Wait 30 days

Sorry this didn't help.