Can't change my windows live ID :(

When i made my xbox live account I put in my gmail as my windows live ID and its been over 30 days but I cannot change it. I want to change it to my microsoft account. Every time i try to change it it says: Sorry, you can change your Windows Live ID only once every 30 days, and it can't be changed in the first 30 days of creating your account. Can someone help me please? I would love to be able to use my msn on my xbox rather than having to have my laptop next to me while i use the xbox. XD

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi Kuroi

As the message says, a gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.

This information can be found here: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id then you must wait for 30 days. I'm sorry.

Also, remember that if you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Windows Live ID that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive this message:

“The Windows Live ID you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox LIVE account. You must use another Windows Live ID.”

Here is how you can change the Windows LIVE ID associated with your gamertag:

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2. Go to Settings, select Account, and then select Account Security.

3. Select Change Windows Live ID.

4. Do one of the following:

- If you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes.

- If you do not have another Windows Live ID, go to Windows Live Sign In and click Sign up. Once you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes and continue with the next step.

- Note Your Microsoft Points balance will automatically be transferred to the new Windows Live ID.

1. Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in. Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

2. Select Yes, change to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

3. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply but it has already been more then 30 days yet I cannot change the windows live ID. I made my account around the 10th of July and have not changed my windows live ID once. So my problem is, why am I not able to change it now ? As far as I can see I should be able to. Also the windows live ID I am trying to change it to is not in use with another xbox account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi KuroiHasu, sorry about the troubles with your Windows Live ID/Microsoft Account ID! Are you able to change it to the specific email address you want from this page: account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx

-

You can also create a new Windows Live ID to change it to, but it must either be a @Hotmail.com or @Live.com domain.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well when I click that link and try to change my email address to one that already exists it says: You can't use @hotmail.com in your Microsoft account email address. Please try a different email address.

D: sorry for the troubles, why is this not working now?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you actually made the Gmail account your using into a passport account by clicking this link here? If so, when it successfully finished it sent you a verification e-mail.. The account needs to be verified in order for those 30 days to start counting down. If the account is not verified, please login to the site here and you should see some sort of option to verify the e-mail.

P.S: Not sure if you know this, but any e-mail can be used as a Windows Live Messenger account, it doesn't have to be a @Hotmail or @Live e-mail. It can be an Aol, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

Sorry this didn't help.