Can't change me Windows Live ID associated with my gamertag

Ever since my account somehow got stolen on Oct. 12, 2011 (even though I avoid suspicious sites like the plague) I have been trying to change the e-mail associated with my gamertag (since I was lucky enough to get it back with a password reset). However, every time I get to step 9 on the "Switch your gamertag to a different Windows Live ID"  and when I select "Yes, change," I keeps saying that my e-mail or password is invalid, even though both my current e-mail/password and the one I wish to change it to worked fine up to that point. Any help here is appreciated, and I thank you in advance for your time and assistance in this matter.

P.S. For proof that my account was hacked, I noticed that the sorry soul who decided to pilfer my account bought me down 3000+ Microsoft points (which I was saving for Dragon Age II and Saint's Row the Third [for when it came out]) and played FIFA 12 (which I have never played and do not have any interest to do so). Yes, I know its my word versus the thief's, but I can still be irked at the thief, no?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Draklor! I'd like to confirm that your account is or is not still under investigation? If your investigation is still open, please contact phone support for instruction, but I'm betting you won't necessarily be able to make changes to the account at this time. Normally at the end of the investigation, you are provided instructions on how to reset your password and change the account information. Let me know what's going on. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.